The devs at BroadcomCM have built this 100% working temporary CWM v5 recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Y. From a first look, you’re probably gonna say “this is basically the same old recovery with different text color”. The transformation from orange text to blue is not the only change.
- Colors are finally fixedCWM recovery updated to 18.104.22.168 (last final sources of CWM 5)
- Added BroadcomCM credits on recovery
- Ensure system and data to be ALWAYS mounted when you install a zip
- Don’t need to mount more, as it is automaticly made (unmount too)
- Backup and restore working (EXT4 and RFS)
- All wipes that you can perform work on EXT4 and RFS too.
- LDPI letters for small screen devices
- Modded source of CWM to use power button as home button –> select item
Download CWM v22.214.171.124 – Click here.
- Download the zip file to your sdcard
- Boot into recovery mode
- Flash the zip file
- You should now be in the new CWM Recovery
Please note that this is still a temporary recovery which you need to flash everytime just like how you used to do it with the old one.